Thursday, February 18, 2010
Yellow is my sister's favorite color. It was never mine. In my closet there are only two yellow items (one is this, and one I only wore once because it was too "baggy"). The blouse above drew a nod from my male cousin and he said it's very pretty, which I also agree. Yes, like pink, yellow could be pretty too.. And such a summery color.
Top - thrifted
Shorts - MNG, thrifted ( this was a baggy pants but I cut it short because the baggy style did not flatter my big hips)
Slippers - Marikina Shoe Exchange, local brand
Bag - Chicas de Moda, online shop
Necklace - City of Vintage, online shop
I got this award from Betz and, along with this award I am supposed to list the 20 things that make me happy. I'll only list 10 things (lest I bore you with this blog). :)
1) My Family - I know it's so cliche, but my family makes me happy, sad, angry, but makes me happy 90% of the time. They have always been supportive of what I do and try to do. They also make me laugh and just let me be a child. My kid cousins and nephews also makes me happy.
2) My Boyfriend - Well, I need not expound. We met at a rather unexpected place (the toilet) and didn't realize our tables (in the office) were beside each other and we were facing each other all the time. He's not just a dependable superman, he's also one of the few people who can make me laugh all the time. I always have a great time when I am with him, and he takes really great photos of me and everything else. And it doesn't hurt that I find him sexy, and thinking about him makes me happy anytime of the day.
3) My SATC friends - They say friends are families, and I couldn't agree more. I have three friends that were my highschool classmates and they are my sisters. They are my inspiration -- being strongwilled and beautiful women.
4) Travels/New Places/Friendly Strangers - With the many trips I took over the years, I would be proud to say that politeness begets hospitality. Filipinos are hospitable people. And the Philippines is a beautiful country. I also aim to go out of the country and explore other beautiful spots but before I do that I have to make sure I have explored all of my country's beauty.
6) Film, and getting surprised by the photographs I took - Life, for me, is like a roll of film. (not a box of chocolates because I am not a chocoholic). You don't know what you'd get but getting unexpected beautiful photographs is happiness for me.
7) Thrifting, and scoring good finds at thrift shops - Of course. What I think is a really good buy from a thrift shop is one that I keep wearing (and feels great each time I wear it) and has been with me for several years. One of my friend, more than five years ago, gifted me with a green jacket with wool collar she bought for P10. Until this day, I still have that jacket and it still feels great every time I wear it.
8) The meals my mother and father prepare for us/Good food - My mother and father are good cooks. Both of them have their specialties but all of the food they cook come out delicious all the time. When I go home, I don't wanna go back to the city because of the meals my parents prepare for us. No matter how simple the dish is, it always is delicious. :)
9) Sitting in a cafe, alone, people watching - I can do this for hours. I get happy/peaceful looking out into the world, pretending I don't belong in it and is merely an observer.
10) Walking - Walking, for me, is the best exercise. I know swimming is probably the best exercise but I am not a good swimmer, so I'd settle for walking. I try to walk all the time so I don't miss out on anything. Walking also gives me time to reflect on things. And burns a lot of calories. That should make me happy. :)
Now, for the fun part, I am passing this award to some lovely people I met here on the blog. I want you to know that meeting you here was one of the happiest days in my life. I wish I'd get to meet you all in person. :)
Adventures of a Pinay Neska
Toxic Disco Boy